Chardonnay (Wooded)


Chardonnay (Wooded) 2021

Fermented and matured in French oak barrels .This medium bodied Chardonnay presents bold fruit aromas and nuttiness on the mid-palate that leads through to a clean lingering finish.

Vintage: 2021
Appellation: McGregor (in the Robertson Valley of South Africa.)
Vineyard Detail: Chardonnay
Harvest Information: Date: First week of February
Type: Hand

Chemical Analysis:
Alc.: 14 %VOL Age of Vines: 15 Years
R.S.: 2.5 g/l Temp at Fermentation 17º C
T.A.: 6.8 g/l ºB at Harvest 24.5ºB
pH: 3.32
Skin Contact: Skins are lightly pressed for extra flavour.

Winemaker’s Comment:
Fermentation in stainless steel tanks for 30% of the alcohol fermentation and then moved into French Oak barrels for the remaining 70% fermentation. Fermented & matured in first, second and third fill French Oak Barrels for 9 months. Malolactic fermentation completed in the barrel.

Platter’s Guide 2018- 4 star rating. National Wine Challenge 2018- Double Silver